I made my Thanksgiving pumpkin pie (a gluten-free, dairy-free, crustless version) yesterday, and then of course promptly wanted to eat pumpkin pie. So, I whipped up this quick pumpkin pudding to avoid cutting into it.
I used an oversized mug for my pudding, (sort of like a mug cake, only pudding), but you could also double the recipe in a bigger bowl and then move the pudding to smaller dishes to cool and serve, just as you would a stove pudding.
- ¾ c pumpkin puree
- ⅔ c milk (dairy or non-dairy, I used almond)
- 1 T tapioca starch (or corn starch)
- 1 t cinnamon
- dash ground cloves
- dash nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high, stirring after each minute, until the pudding starts to bubble and puff up. Stir.
- Refrigerate until lukewarm or chilled as desired. Top with whipped cream (or whipped coconut cream).